Things to Know About the Middle Schools:
· First day of school is August 31, 2016. Sixth grade students enter through the front door which is door #1
· Free universal breakfast is served from 6:55-7:25 (students enter through the cafeteria door in the back of the building)
· Doors open at 7:25 for students to go to their lockers and homerooms
· Homeroom begins at 7:34 (homeroom and announcements are from 7:34-7:44)
· Any students entering between 7:34-7:44 are tardy to homeroom
· Students who enter school after 7:44 are tardy to school and must get a late slip from the main office before going to class
· Every tardy is unexcused with the exception of having a Dr’s note from an appointment that morning
· Early Dismissal: If you need to dismiss your child early, they need to bring in a dismissal note to the main office first thing on the morning they will be dismissed!
· Absences: If your child is absent from school, please send them with a note on the day they return. If they will be out three or more days, please call the guidance department (235-6110 ext 3010 for Hamlet and 236-6125 ext 4010 for Villa Nova) and request work for your child.
· All students will receive an ID at some point after school photos are taken in the beginning of the year. STUDENTS MUST WEAR THEIR ID’S EVERY DAY!!
· Progress reports will be distributed in the beginning of October
· All students will receive a family pack on the first day of school.
· When filling out forms, please print clearly
· When completing the emergency forms, please be sure to have 2 contacts in addition to the parents or guardians
· The following information can be found in the family pack:
Parent Teacher Conference Dates
No School Announcement (where to listen or watch them)
Statewide Bullying Policy
· All students will be given an agenda. Students use this to keep track of their homework. Also to record any other important things their teachers need to remember. Students will also need their agenda if they need to go anywhere in the building. STUDENTS MUST HAVE THEIR AGENDA TO LEAVE THEIR CLASSROOM DURING CLASS TIME! (Replacement fee is $10.00)
· All students will be assigned a locker by their homeroom teacher and will need to bring in a combination lock. (We do not recommend any students to share lockers with each other)
· Students will also need an extra lock for their gym lockers. That lock may be combination or a key lock
· Students are required to follow the school uniform policy
· Students will only be allowed to use phone for emergencies only
· Examples of non emergencies are: forgetting gym clothes, going to a friends house after school, or to find out who is picking them up from school (please make pick arrangements before they go to school)
· If you move or change your phone number at any point, please be sure to notify the school of the move or number as soon as the move or change is made
· Please do not park in front of the building before or after school. We need to be able to get buses in and out and that area cannot be blocked. Set up a meeting spot with your child prior to the start of school
· The driveway in front of and in the back of the building is a one way at both buildings
· October is breast cancer awareness month!! The Woonsocket Middle Schools is an avid supporter of the Gloria Gemma Foundation! Our schools raised $6,000 last year.
Have a Happy and Successful school year!!